• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
misinformed staff
bama claim that enderstix is a current player and justified punishment based off the fact they are a current player, but enderstix hasnt touched VH since July 7th. bama is disconnected from the player base and should not have admin since they dont have a clue about the actual daily operations of the server.
Everyone has their own way of playing this game and their own timeline for when they are able to be active. Just because a player may not play as often as others, doesn't mean they are not part of this severs community. All members of this community should be treated with the same basic level of respect and civility. This includes members of the staff.
telling someone on discord that their opinion holds less weight because they dont play that much isnt disrespectful and many players would agree that opinions of those that play regularly holds more water. this was on discord and as block pointed out isnt part of the server and should have no impact on the server.

just being on the server is not being a part of the community. the whole point of the community is to interact with one another. one cant claim to be a part of the community when their presence is next to none. i was being civil and being straight forward with my words. there was an issue an instead of focusing on the issue the staff decided to get rid of the player that brought it to light. thats another issue.
(09-06-2023, 06:28 AM)HammerStone Wrote: Everyone has their own way of playing this game and their own timeline for when they are able to be active. Just because a player may not play as often as others, doesn't mean they are not part of this severs community. All members of this community should be treated with the same basic level of respect and civility. This includes members of the staff.

I went to discord for help from staff because that is the only place they are available and got hit with refusal to help. bama made it out that it was the players fault for not going to staff with questions. Players not going to staff for information is a direct result of the lack of communication from the staff. Players should be respected enough to be given information when asked instead of refusal from staff to help. At what point in the conversation did bama actually offer some sort of solution to the issue of the total lack of information from staff about what happens on a map reset? He didn't at all, but became defensive as if it wasn't the staffs fault for there being a lack of communication. That's the issue here, sorry if I am the only one to bring it up. No one brings it up because well staff will just ban you for being critical of them. If you do not see this as a valid issue, then well you might be part of the problem. Respect is a 2 way street and staff demand it but don't grant it. This is the way many players feel too, I am not the only one. Yet again here we are wanting better staff and we are just getting stifled for it.

The conversation could been as simple as: right, we should get that information out there. Instead we got "why aren't the players coming to staff?".
Players not coming to the staff is a result of STAFF behavior not the players. Can we at least be objective about that for once? Simple request. I've been bugging all map for better staff and well we just havent got it and the players are essentially fed up with trying.

telling a player i dont value their opnion may seem like being a jerk and im sorry but i was just being direct. other players are very direct on the server, and vocal about how they are direct and not a jerk, but we allow that? Me being direct to someone about the value their opinion has to me is grounds for a ban? No disrespect was intended, I was just being blunt. I didnt cuss at them or call them names. Like come on now....really?

You have to consider the fact that an a player joined in the conversation by yelling at another player for spamming and didnt contribute to the discussion. That was disrespectful on them to just yell at me for trying to have a discussion. I have feelings too you know and they should be respected just as much as anyone else's.