• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.20 - Trails and Tales Update
Exclamation 
Hello Miners,
The server has been updated to Minecraft 1.20 - Trails and Tales update. There is no world reset. You will keep your inventory, enderchest and builds .

The world border has been expanded from 35K to 40K. Overworld regions that have not been modified in more than 6 months have been deleted to allow for new content to generate. As usual, please let us know if you're encountering issues specific to Vanilla High.
[Image: bV0FmTp.jpg]
(06-07-2023, 07:12 PM)CubeStealer Wrote: Hello Miners,
The server has been updated to Minecraft 1.20 - Trails and Tales update. There is no world reset. You will keep your inventory, enderchest and builds .

The world border has been expanded from 35K to 40K. Overworld regions that have not been modified in more than 6 months have been deleted to allow for new content to generate. As usual, please let us know if you're encountering issues specific to Vanilla High.

Hey just curious and some questions. (: 

'Overworld regions that have not been modified in more than 6 months have been deleted to allow for new content to generate'

#1 Does this mean if a region/chunk has not had a block placed or deleted in the past 6 months it is generated into something new? Or does modified also mean a player crossed through the chunk / killed a mob in the chunk?

#2 Do you have any stats on how many regions/chunks and percentage of total regions/chunks in the world have been affected?

#3 Have the deleted regions/chunks been replaced with completely new things (like new structures, new biomes) or will the world look the same as it did at the beginning?
#1 - Modified also means a player crossed in a crossed a chunk. This would make the whole region (512x512) blocks unaffected by the deletion if a player caused any chunk in that region to be loaded and modified (such as a plant growing)

#2 - No stats.

#3 - The seed has not been changed. You can expect some consistency in how the terrain changes from old regions to newly generated regions. You may find new structures and new biomes possibly in newly generated region files
R.I.P. my builds...  I was away for a while, came back to see if something was new for 1.20.

Indeed, I reappeared on an all new terrain Confused Tongue

But it's ok...  I wasn't really active anymore.  The algorithm could have been smarter though.  I'm sure there's a lot of places of interest that got wiped (ancient builds, old player bases, etc.).
(06-09-2023, 02:01 AM)BigBoy074 Wrote: R.I.P. my builds...  I was away for a while, came back to see if something was new for 1.20.

Indeed, I reappeared on an all new terrain Confused Tongue

But it's ok...  I wasn't really active anymore.  The algorithm could have been smarter though.  I'm sure there's a lot of places of interest that got wiped (ancient builds, old player bases, etc.).
You could ask staff about rolling back your area to get your base back prior to the new chunk regeneration to get it back
[Image: FoxiTheDragon.png]
Rawr! I'm Foxi!
The base has been reverted from backups.