Raise the limit in the rules
0%
Some other solution
0%
1 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the 200-entity limit is too restrictive
As someone who seriously struggles to keep his entity count down, especially after the entity distance was raised, the 200-entity limit is a fantasy at best and untenable at worst. For those of you who don't know, I like to keep animal pens around me, as well as some villagers for trade. Not so bad, right? The problem is that I live on an island surrounded by fish and squid and the occasional. Those mobs alone can take up a third of my entity count, and that's when I keep it below 200. Add in 17 sheep, 1 wolf of each collar, 9 stacks of eggs' worth of chickens and some extra, a scute farm, 2 horses, mooshroom and pig pens, a rabbit hutch with 2 of each type obtainable in survival, etc., etc., and we're seeing around 300 entities. And that's before you factor in the villager market I had before committing genocide.

There are two solutions I can see:
1. Lower the entity render distance back to what it was at the start of the map, making it so you basically have to cheese Bullseye and Sniper Duel,
or 2. Raise the entity limit specified in the rules.

Seriously, this is a struggle for me and, I'm sure, many other players here who have a half-decent base established. Something needs to change, and either way, people will be upset.
[Image: SupersuMC.png]
Thinking is dangerous, but so is everything else when you put your mind to it.