• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Different Kind of Appeal
To all interested parties,

I would like to put forth a proposition which has been months in the waiting. The reason for this is that I have been off VanillaHigh attending university but I have the next few weeks off so hence why I am here asking. This appeal has also been considered between private conversations with Foxi and some other members of VanillaHigh a few months ago, whom have all at the time encouraged me to write this appeal.

Preface: When a player who is part of a town gets banned for violating rules with no chance of an unban then the town in which the player belongs to (or individual players, with the permission of the banned player) get to keep the hard earned items of the banned player that is located in their chests. Provided these items are not acquired illegally/are the source of them getting banned (for example, items acquired by duplication or x-ray).

With that being said, I would like to appeal for the enderchest of Madgodzilla. For those of you who don't know Madgodzilla got banned for griefing. Madgodzilla, however, was so much more than the inexcusable offence he committed. He was a player who knew how to grind. He was a player who knew how to build. I have benefitted much from his contribution to my city both when he was roaming the server freely and in his absence (with the amount of items he has left behind). However, there is one thing I yearn for, the one chest I cannot reach, that I know has the wealthiest spoils of all of his months of hard work and dedication. The most valuable of hidden treasures, if you will. 

I have express permission from Madgodzilla to assume these items (please see attached in case it ever gets called to question). If admins can find it within their hearts to share his most valuable possessions that he worked so hard to acquire with a member of his city (me), and in turn the city itself, that he loved the most, my city and I would be truly grateful.

I feel that my city has lost quite a lot in his absence (it's been a ghost town in the past month or so), and to assume these items from my late friend would be quite a comfort, as it has more value to me sentimentally than it does just the items. With the contents of his enderchest (those of which I am not 100% certain on) I feel I will be able to keep a little piece of his memory, a memento of his prior hard work and dedication to the server prior to his ultimate undoing, with me at all times. 

Yours faithfully,
SoulSurvivor386

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi. Bans are handed out only for serious violations of the server rules and not on a whim. If we were to allow banned players to have their inventory accessible by other players, it would diminish the purpose of a ban. Also in the case of players who are banned for raiding/grieifng, it is impossible to ascertain which of their inventory items were acquired legitimately and which are illegitimate. In addition, if we were to do this, it would set a precedent and other players will request access to other banned players inventory. For these reasons, your request cannot be accepted.
[Image: bV0FmTp.jpg]
An enderchest follows the same principle of an inventory?

I also apologise for the miscommunication, I wasn't excusing or justifying my late friends actions in anyway, just painting a picture to the type of work and grind he used to commit a lot of his time to, whereby the most valuable items of his hard work and time he would have kept safe in the enderchest. The picture I am trying to paint is that of items left behind by a banned player such as chests, buildings etc (which would include items of enderchests - it's the same as a regular chest just inaccessible to other players) that were not obtained illegally (I know for a fact he has a lot of diamond and netherite in the echest which are not the spoils of his grief - the incident that got him banned) can and will be passed on to city members or close friends in the event of the player getting banned, with the banned players permission of course.

I understand that a big consideration is the difficulty of this ask (manually trying to get into a players enderchest), and the precedent it will subsequently set, but I believe within the circumstances it is not an unfair ask, and that's ultimately all I can do.
Yes, the enderchest follows the same principle of an inventory. It is part of what the player "posseses". Unlike buildings, one player cannot interact with another players inventory. When a player is banned, their builds can still be interacted with which makes it fair if other players in the settlement agree on how the banned player's builds are to be repurposed. I understand what you're saying but there will be no consideration made to provide inventory contents of banned players for the situation you described.
I agree with CubeStealer on this one, sorry SoulSurvivor. I knew madgozilla as well. As if a player is banned, they're banned. I've had items that I've given away to players that have been banned that I can't get back. Just got to move on and deal with it.
Why is your name 1LocalColt. Did you forget the password to LocalColt?
(09-19-2022, 05:01 PM)CubeStealer Wrote: Why is your name 1LocalColt. Did you forget the password to LocalColt?
Yea. Haha haven't been able to recover it for the longest time now. Thought it was under my old email. Not sure.