• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intentional Deaths
We have all been online when someone dies and we have all noticed the minor lag spike we get. Most of these deaths are avoidable. I get that keep inventory is on, so dying to get home is common when someone is not in the overworld, but there are instances where the death is avoidable but players will die just for fun or to "flex". Personally, I avoid death because I know the implications it has and how it affects others, but when players intentionally die over and over, we must ask the question of why are they dying so much. Especially a player that has full netherite armor. A newbie dying might just need a little help and we act accordiningly, but someone who can fully loot a bastion without death then repeatedly dies to something that can be mitigated, then they are causing issues for no reason.

For instance, a player gave a zombie a netherite axe fully enchanted for easier villager conversion, within 5 minutes of their log on every time (I called it), they would die to said zombie. They know that zombie has the axe and intentionally go die to it to show off that they gave a zombie a netherite axe. It is completely avoidable, but they just keep dying to it and the lag spikes affect everyone else online. It is annoying and interruptive, and that player is intentionally dying and causing aggravation to everyone else online.

This needs addressed to say the least. To combat this, death should remove all XP, not just 3 levels. If we increase the penalty, the abuse of keep inventory should decrease. I get that its a community server that encourages interactions between other players, but when you are dying for fun repeatedly, it negatively affects others. Newer players will leave the server due to the death lag and that now affects the entire server.
Alternatively could just remove the death stat tracking and that would remove the incentive to intentionally die, which is exactly what is going on in this situation.
I would also like to second this. The lag jitter from deaths worsens as more players are online, and I cannot stress the amount of times I've been put into dangerous situations due to the respawn spike. Having a top deaths counter seems to encourage this more as well. Accidents happen, and the spawn can be a bit rough for newer folks due to regional difficulty. However, purposeful flexing does put a severe damper on things, to the point I haven't honestly been wanting to play much as of late.
~Hiya! I'm just a friendly Pokemon that enjoys playing Minecraft.~
The Deaths stats have been removed. It was removed previously but came back with the new world and a reset of the stats software.
[Image: bV0FmTp.jpg]
It's greatly appreciated. Hopefully it'll help curb some of the death spam.
~Hiya! I'm just a friendly Pokemon that enjoys playing Minecraft.~
Not removed, it still tracks. Please fix.