• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!, i have some questions
Question 
will the server get reset?
if so will there be  a download so we can save the map and use it as a single player map?
will there be expansions to the border?
will we keep our inventorys  after the reset?
what will happen to the stats?
if the border expands but the server doesnt reset will we be able to get copper from the expansions?
if wouldnt the supply of copper be very limited?
what will happen to the animals in the new update?
when will the server update?
i think thats it for now.
thanks for your time!
There is no reset upcoming for 1.17
There will be an expansion to the border by 5k in each direction.
There is no reset and inventories will be untouched
The stats will be untouched but later upgraded to reflect 1.17 features
Old chunks that have not been visited at all in year 2021 will be deleted, allowing for them to regenerate with new content
The server will update in the coming days after we have done testing everything as much as we can
[Image: bV0FmTp.jpg]
(06-10-2021, 05:53 PM)CubeStealer Wrote: There is no reset upcoming for 1.17
There will be an expansion to the border by 5k in each direction.
There is no reset and inventories will be untouched
The stats will be untouched but later upgraded to reflect 1.17 features
Old chunks that have not been visited at all in year 2021 will be deleted, allowing for them to regenerate with new content
The server will update in the coming days after we have done testing everything as much as we can
That sounds awesome! cant wait for the new update to come to vh and everyone will be making bases and constantly mining copper for the next few weeks lol
Will the unvisited chunks in nether and end be reset as well?
There are no plans to reset nether or end chunks as there is no new content announced in those dimensions.
When you refer to visited chunks remaining as is, does that mean only chunks that players have actually been in will remain or does that include chunks that have also loaded near the visited chunks remaining as well?
I will be deleting region files that have a date stamp of year 2020. Region files are collections of chunks. If a chunk has been altered, after 2020, the datestamp on the region file would be updated too. If a region file has a date stamp of year 2020, it means there has been no changes brought to the chunks inside it in 2021.
(06-13-2021, 03:01 PM)CubeStealer Wrote: I will be deleting region files that have a date stamp of year 2020. Region files are collections of chunks.  If a chunk has been altered, after 2020, the datestamp on the region file would be updated too. If a region file has a date stamp of year 2020, it means there has been no changes brought to the chunks inside it in 2021.

Understood. Thanks!
Wait, so we haven't updated the server to 1.17 yet? And here I am struggling with launch-crashes... (Will be making a separate thread for help with it if reinstalling the installer doesn't work. My singleplayer saves and backups have been copy-pasted to the desktop screen while my screenshots are in pictures.)
Thinking is dangerous, but so is everything else when you put your mind to it.