• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
griefer in memory village
hello, this is glhfqqezxp

i started memory village like a week ago, and since then we have accumulated abt a dozen very friendly and often times eccentric group of village members

i have noticed things start ending up missing or broken,
for examples:

the beehives have been broken not once, but twice.
the 2nd time i even put up a sign right next to it saying do not destroy.
a day or so later the hive was destroyed.

one of the members horses went missing and the member was very upset.
i had to go out and find a replacement horse.

i attached 3 sheep to the post in the middle of the town to relocate them.
i now find only one sad sheep standing there, unable to breed and refill the town.

there have been many events that happened that could raise suspicion of there being a griefer "among us"
but those 3 are prime examples

idk if there is a griefer among the town or a misunderstanding,
but if the admins would help me resolve this issue i would greatly appreciate it.
Hey glhfqqezxp (great name, really got a nice ring to it)

Just a couple of questions first
Is Memory village over the recommended minimum distance of 15k away from spawn?

If it is we need to work out who lives in the town and who is allowed to be in the area.
Could you please list the players?

Then...just to let you know if it ends up being a member of the town causing these issues there is some 'self management' we expect from within town disputes due to the nature of them being invited to the town and the location has been knowingly shared... but we will cross that bridge later.

We will start to look into this issue. Please answer the Q's above.

x
(11-02-2020, 12:12 AM)shankled Wrote: thanks

the village is at abt 20k out

the village members are:
glhfqqezxp
lizz
satlytoaster
oberan godman
zegabi
nick
diademian12
dailonus
happy turtle
beep boop
brandynamite
frog warlock
zedzoe
thick gamer girl
narcom1
nightmysteryguy

a few ppl have visted the village including themusingox
but no one else is really allowed

okay we cross that river when it comes

thanks
[Image: 2020-11-03-02-49-29.png]

more grief
this is is my little house which is clearly marked
someone went in broke the dirt under bed and i think 2 dia are missing from my chest
[Image: 2020-11-03-14-27-30.png]

more destruction. this was a bar i was working on. nearly finished.
Hi I have looked into this for you and found there has been no unwanted visitors to your town.

As for you house floor been damaged only town members had been near you house also and there was no indications of any diamonds being removed.

Looking back over a few days a lot of your town members seem to visit your small humble abode. Not sure if you have a clear set of town rules? These are good to have and help you set clear boundaries on where players can go in relation to houses and chests.

If you keep having problems please let us know. Make sure all your town members are happy and one of them is not upset by a decision made along the way, this can often cause little things like this to happen Smile

Happy gaming
[Image: Carl_71.png]
(11-04-2020, 08:01 AM)Carl_71 Wrote: Hi I have looked into this for you and found there has been no unwanted visitors to your town.

As for you house floor been damaged only town members had been near you house also and there was no indications of any diamonds being removed.

Looking back over a few days a lot of your town members seem to visit your small humble abode. Not sure if you have a clear set of town rules? These are good to have and help you set clear boundaries on where players can go in relation to houses and chests.

If you keep having problems please let us know. Make sure all your town members are happy and one of them is not upset by a decision made along the way, this can often cause little things like this to happen Smile

Happy gaming

alright thanks for looking at it. we did recently have a upset player leave the town. lets see if things improve after that. ill keep posting any problems if they occur.
[Image: 2020-11-15-09-58-57.png]

someone took a whole chunk out of the chest room. this used to be an area where wool was stored. there was a double chest full of stacks of wool along with banners. along with portions of the nether chest area and dye area next to the wood. there was also a nether star hung up on the wall along with an angel picture.

idk if this was an accidental creeper blast, or if someone wanted to be slick and pretend it was a creeper blast to steal the star and or items. it would do the village and  server a great service if they are removed(if guilty). like no sign to say, creeper happened? no mention of it? not even an attempt to fix it?

can i get the items back?

also i'm missing a spiders bane4 almost maxed out sword from my chest in my little hut. the only chest in the hut and with a dragon head on top of it. so if you can find the person walking around with a diamond semi op spider bane4 sword(unless they saw this post and burned it).

also someone went into the the trapdoor by the stables, killed the saddle villager, and maybe replaced it with a witch? or do witches spawn where there is a cauldrons are now, and then the spawn witch killed the villager?

(i dont think the blast in the chest room could have been a normal creeper explosion, or even a single tnt. it looks way too big. probably at least 2 tnt or maybe a charged creeper)
As I replied by PM yesterday I will look into this for you. I should be able to do this very soon, but do not worry if we find something it will be sorted Smile
Okay so I have spent many hours looking into the reported griefing and raiding of Memory Village over past few weeks.

Please note we have grief and raid protection on the server. This is designed to assist players when rogue players join our server get to towns, stealing and damaging builds.

It is not designed as a free for all to go around damaging their towns and then asking for items to be restored.

There appears to be issues in Memory Village that really need to be sorted out amongst the town members. Internal fighting that results in players blowing up each others houses that also then moves into damaging town storage is not griefing or raiding.

Towns can be very hard to run and police, I would recommend you all get together and amicably sort out how you wish to move forward as a group. Maybe even set some ground rules on what can and can not be done in town.

We are always here to help where we can but please remember what is meant by our grief and raid protection.