• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban appeal for world eater
Hi, I have been jailed, along with Edgewise000, for breaking the rules. 
I first of all will take full blame for this effort, as it was my suggestion in the first place that we bomb out a perimeter. The idea which we tested while digging trenches was to use dispensers strategically placed, filled with tnt and activated by flying machines pulling redstone blocks. That worked. 
Thinking that the same principle would apply to a proper world eater, adjusted in size so that it would stay loaded despite the server render distance, I built one, planning to use the same principle of self-returning flying machines activating dispensers while the water sweepers went on down below. 
However, I remembered that dispensers were tile entities and did some testing in a single player world (where my minecraft ran out of memory multiple times while simply placing the ridiculous number of dispensers, and ended up concluding that the 7.5k dispensers that would be needed would likely crash the server or lag it so much as to make it unplayable for everyone else.

I therefore decided this evening (an hour or two ago) to build tnt bombers instead (using tnt duplication) because I know from past experience of running world eaters that destroy 300 chunks at a time that they do not lag all that much compared to what I saw with the dispensers, upon which someone noticed (the building of the world eater being public knowledge at that point, I assume an admin checked it out - looking at you kail) and I was jailed.

I request to be unjailed.

Note: Edge assisted me at my request but I instigated this whole affair, and his involvement in this situation is entirely my fault.

Thanks for your consideration, and please let me at least see if my world eater works.
Frodo

(P.S. I can make a mini version of the original dispenser concept and attach a picture of it if that helps)
At this time we are investigating the issue at hand and also deciding if any more players who have been in this area were involved in the building of the duping machine.
Our rules are pretty clear on duping machines please see below for the extract -

"Duplicating (duping) of anything (TNT, rails, carpet, blocks, items etc) is prohibited, regardless of the technique used. This is a serious permanent-bannable offense."

I found your original appeal to be most disappointing which you have now edited out, asking to be allowed out of jail so you could at least use the device that took 15 hours to build. I am trying to understand why you think we would allow you out to use the duper you were just jailed for making.

Please wait for further outcomes from this investigation.
[Image: Carl_71.png]
I edited it out for a reason. That reason being that I realized that it was in bad taste. Please do not try and read into my motives, thank you.
Adding onto that, the reason that I mentioned using the machine was that the only part of it which is illegal is the tnt bombers. which take up a total of 38. blocks over 19 modules (tnt and coral, the rest would be used for the redstone dispenser activators anyway)

I will gladly destroy the duplicators, and replace them with my original design of redstone blocks activating dispensers.
when I said use the world eater, I mean the machine with the descending sweepers, not the tnt duplicators.

frodo
We have fully investigated the area and machine at the center of this appeal.

The reason behind most hacks and the building of machines such as dupers is to try to get somewhere fast in Minecraft. Unfortunately Minecraft is not that sort of game, it takes a lot of time to complete projects like this 17x17 chunks is a massive perimeter and should and will take time.

You could have made small machines to help clear out the area a little quicker, many people do these here usually to drain oceans and small land area's and have been proven to work well on VH.

Your need and want to speed up this project so much I believe clouded your good judgement and lead you to break our server rules. Please note these rules are in place to protect the server and its players, these rules are not created by one person. They have been worked on over many years by many staff members who were originally every day players on the server for the very reason of them being unbiased, clear, concessive and transparent.

You broke the rules and this can not be ignored by staff, you will be permitted back to the server under the following conditions.

1. You will receive a 7 day temp ban from the server.
2. Staff will destroy and remove the device completely.
3. You will be sent back to our rules tower to once again read and accept our rules.
4. Any further breaches of our server rules will result in a permanent ban with no chance of appeal.

Please respond here if you accept these terms. Your ban will begin once you accept the terms above.
(09-30-2020, 08:32 AM)Carl_71 Wrote: We have fully investigated the area and machine at the center of this appeal.

The reason behind most hacks and the building of machines such as dupers is to try to get somewhere fast in Minecraft. Unfortunately Minecraft is not that sort of game, it takes a lot of time to complete projects like this 17x17 chunks is a massive perimeter and should and will take time.

You could have made small machines to help clear out the area a little quicker, many people do these here usually to drain oceans and small land area's and have been proven to work well on VH.

Your need and want to speed up this project so much I believe clouded your good judgement and lead you to break our server rules. Please note these rules are in place to protect the server and its players, these rules are not created by one person. They have been worked on over many years by many staff members who were originally every day players on the server for the very reason of them being unbiased, clear, concessive and transparent.

You broke the rules and this can not be ignored by staff, you will be permitted back to the server under the following conditions.

1. You will receive a 7 day temp ban from the server.
2. Staff will destroy and remove the device completely.
3. You will be sent back to our rules tower to once again read and accept our rules.
4. Any further breaches of our server rules will result in a permanent ban with no chance of appeal.

Please respond here if you accept these terms. Your ban will begin once you accept the terms above.
I accept the above terms.
Thank you, you will be allowed back on the server in 7 days.