• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
frozen villagers?
BlockBandit said this morning that villagers weren't frozen, and they were fine where I was.  However I went back to my desert base and they're all frozen there.  I guess it's a local phenomenon?  What's the cause, and what's the fix?

... oddly this includes a zombie villager too.
Whatever's causing the to be frozen is also blocking them from advancing levels.
I haven’t experienced this issue. Can you make sure they are blocked from moving and replace all of their workstations?
(07-10-2020, 04:53 PM)GingerBeardMan_7 Wrote: I haven’t experienced this issue. Can you make sure they are blocked from moving and replace all of their workstations?
I'm certain.  They do not turn their heads, the ones in water don't even bob.  I don't know how to take a video...
I have had frozen villagers in my small crop farms. It only affected the ones that were housed with a zombie Influencer, but after a while they just stopped moving. They stayed like that for a long time. I went in to stir things up but nothing seemed to help. Sometime later they moved again, but eventually stopped. Then bob got loose....
Needless to say, I need new villagers but still, whats making them freeze up?
(07-10-2020, 07:35 PM)Spinreaver Wrote: I have had frozen villagers in my small crop farms. It only affected the ones that were housed with a zombie Influencer, but after a while they just stopped moving. They stayed like that for a long time. I went in to stir things up but nothing seemed to help. Sometime later they moved again, but eventually stopped. Then bob got loose....
Needless to say, I need new villagers but still, whats making them freeze up?
All fixed; it was anti-lag measures.  I wasn't in the area (chunks not loaded) when the AI was reset.
I currently have the same issue in the npc village I took over to rebuild, I isolated a small area for them to breed as I try to rebuild the rest of the housing stock until I get mending and a stonemason online then build upward. but in the 4 villager village, 2 of the villagers far from the center are frozen in place one is floating on air and the other doesn't want to move.
Formerly TinyC.
His Royal villager Builder of Twinningham (NPC Town)