• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User "Metal" is a scammer/ hacker
So far today I have got over 50  emails  from a bogus vanilla high link in gamer situations by user "metal" and the link is fake, he has a contest post he is using to get you to click his link to gain your info....DO NOT OPEN THESE! hopefully a moderator will take this seriously and remover said user and everyone will pay closer attention to their emails!!

If need I'll take and provide screenshots of every email I've received so far to prove this, but please take not to the link, particularly the "test" at the beginning I'm sure there are plenty on here better with this stuff than me that knows this isn't a legit link!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi. The link is not a scam. Metal is one of the developers of Vanilla High. We are testing a new functionality on the forum and instead of doing it on the live server, we're using a closed version of the forum called test.vanillahigh.net. For some reason it is sending out emails. I will have this fixed.
[Image: bV0FmTp.jpg]
That would be me, yes
Sorry for the blunder Angel
The development version of the forum has exactly the same configuration as the live version, which included the email settings... That's fixed now, it shouldn't spam you any more
shameless self-promotion:
twitter
ru: vk
homepage
Read the title of the screenshot I posted, that doesn't sound like the sort of thing a developer would put....at least not from this group.... If it truly is than fine something still seems off with it....
Dude, that was literally me, I wrote that and I was angry at PHP.
shameless self-promotion:
twitter
ru: vk
homepage
(06-28-2020, 07:28 PM)Metal Wrote: Dude, that was literally me, I wrote that and I was angry at PHP.
Angry at PHP? Man I feel you lol
(06-28-2020, 07:28 PM)Metal Wrote: Dude, that was literally me, I wrote that and I was angry at PHP.
this is the stuff I like to hear sleep deprived at 5 am!
[Image: aknatn.png]