• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Market Ender-porter
(01-05-2023, 01:44 AM)ToastyCheeseLad Wrote: I could be wrong but it looks like it would put some serious lag on the server. 
Any opinions on that from other players?

Lag is definitely an important concern and something I hadn't considered. I would also like to hear from other players what they think about this!

My initial thought is that it shouldn't cause any lag when not in use. There aren't any redstone clocks or circuits that will be running continuously. When in use, flipping the pages in the books will change the signal strength coming out of a comparator, and when the button is pressed that signal gets passed along to the particular chamber to flip the trap door. When not in use it should be totally inert.

I imagine that calculating the trajectory of 60 hovering ender pearls every tick does actually cause a little lag but probably not a significant amount. And hovering ender pearls are kinda intrinsic to any design.

Please weigh in on this! Lag is likely the single most important consideration.

Messages In This Thread
Big Market Ender-porter - by TheLateHaunt - 01-04-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: Big Market Ender-porter - by ToastyCheeseLad - 01-05-2023, 01:44 AM
RE: Big Market Ender-porter - by TheLateHaunt - 01-05-2023, 05:15 PM