• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too large biomes?
Question 
The map feels strange...at least where I am...the summer biome feels too big....and a bit strange in general.

Is this map really built with a default seed?
Hello,
VanillaHigh features a custom terrain generator. As part of this customisation, Biomes are twice as big as they are from the default setting.
[Image: LSQh22k.png]
I had this feeling too. I discovered 8 maps with 1:16 and didn't find any special biom. just plains, ocean, desert... no mushroom, no mesa, no ice spike, no swamp, no jungle,...
As I like to say, everything has pros and cons. For a beginner, it is quite hard with a biom setting like that.
I can assure you the Mushroom Island, mesa and ice spike plains do exist on this map.
I had a very hard time finding a large plain biome on this map though.
The drawbacks of living the north east of the map I suppose.
[Image: 37433433325_a207a98313_z.jpg]
(05-07-2018, 10:22 AM)TinyC Wrote: I can assure you the Mushroom Island, mesa and ice spike plains do exist on this map.
I had a very hard time finding a large plain biome on this map though.
The drawbacks of living the north east of the map I suppose.
There is actually a good sized plains biome about 6 to 7 k northeast of spawn. You must have missed it.
So, Vanilla High is not so...."vanilla" then ;-)

Hopefully when there is a server wipe you can go for a more vanilla seed approach?
Vanilla is defined by simply using the Minecraft.jar file without modification/plug-ins.

A Superflat, Large biome or Ampified world will still be vanilla since if you strip modifications and plug-ins you can still generate them via the built in world generation settings.
[Image: 37433433325_a207a98313_z.jpg]
(05-07-2018, 03:43 PM)superfly2000 Wrote: So, Vanilla High is not so...."vanilla" then ;-)

Hopefully when there is a server wipe you can go for a more vanilla seed approach?

superfly2000,

We can assure you that Vanilla High is 100% Vanilla please see as below.

In Minecraft the requirements of a server to make Vanilla status is the following "These servers are installed from the original server software provided by Mojang (minecraft.jar or SNAPSHOT) and no additional mods / plugins added. As a server owner you can not use Bukkit / Spigot or similar". At Vanilla High we do not run such plugins.

A Minecraft seed is a randomly generated group of numbers which is created when any new world is created. The seed is created by the game not by us, this seed will position biomes, structures, mine shafts etc in the same position on any map created using the same seed. You can give your seed to any friend and the world they create on their computer will have everything in the same place as yours does. Hills and exact water lines will still be random under the same seed. This is why servers keep a seed secret as people could go around the map and find out everything and cheat. So there is no such thing as a Vanilla or non Vanilla seed.

What Vanilla High does do is set the default world type to customized and change the land settings. This is a standard thing that any player can do on their own local worlds and any server operator can also do. This is part of the minecraft.jar supplied by Mojang and is just a group of adjustable sliders which in no way impacts a servers standing as Vanilla.

I hope this helps clear up any misinformation you may have about the meaning of Vanilla and how Vanilla High is designed and run to stay within these guidelines.

Vanilla High by nature is made from a modified high terrain and large biomes which is where we obtain our name "High" and is designed to increase the gaming and survival experience. There are many servers that run a default world with normal size biomes that may suit your gaming needs more if you find our terrain generation not to your requirements.
[Image: Carl_71.png]