• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive and Controversial
Screenshots here for the Admins consideration. Extremely offensive and controversial behaviour
and comments by several players. I trust all players involved will be dealt with
accordingly. No, I'm not naming names. It's obvious who the offenders are.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

For reference, simply having a Hitler skin is not against the rules.
[Image: bV0FmTp.jpg]
I'm suprised a hitler skin is not against the rules. I thought it would go against the rule:
"Divisive and controversial subjects such as sexual orientation, politics, narcotics, abortion,
religion are discouraged on the server" under the Family-Friendly Server heading.
I would think that a hitler skin, like a build of a swastika --are they ok to build on VH? -- would certainly be divisive and controversial.

Also, wouldn't a player using a hitler skin also be in violation of the rule: "Do not be a jerk and upset the gaming community, everyone online wants to play Minecraft and have a good time. Please do not go out of your way to be noticed for all the wrong reasons."?

I'm genuinely confused here. Thanks.
Just having the skin of a historical person is not against the rules. However, there is associated behaviour that will get the player in trouble for instance, lingering at spawn and asking other players to come check out their cool skin. In the same vein, building swastikas is allowed or prohibited depending on context. If the player is just building random swastikas in the vicinity of spawn, lighting them on fire etc, the intent behind is malicious. However a player integrating a swastika as part of a larger build far away from spawn is tolerated.

A while ago, there was some controversy on the server where two players built a WW2-era concentration camp. I had argued that the build was a historical build, took time to make and the two players who made it were not unnecessarily drawing attention to their build. However, because the build was close to a large settlement, some players were offended. To strike a balance between allowing historical buildings and not offend other players, the admin committee of then came up with the rule that starts with "Controversial builds should be kept private and out of public eye...". When a player with a controversial name or skin joins the server, it is best to just leave them alone and not mention either the name or the skin. If they're on VH to troll, they will get frustrated and leave OR start drawing attention to their name/skin which will then get them in trouble.
[Image: bV0FmTp.jpg]
I understand. Thanks for the clarification.