• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor concern about a player - yingoo_7
This isn't specifically a report to ask to ban someone for going against the rules, just enough of a concern to make me dismantle and move base. Also sorry for this long winded and late report, I didn't want to go as far as reporting someone but as I logged in today seeing him and his actions I decided to at least put a semi-warning that this player has stolen before and might steal from others.

Yesterday:
I don't have a screenshot from yesterday (I'm hoping server minecraft chat logs are stored for more then 24hours) but about 24hours ago from this post, I bumped into some players at spawn, one player asked to see my base (yingoo), now I haven't shown anyone my base before but I went in thinking why not open up more, so I took him to my first base near spawn (not protected) which I shared with another when I started, they don't seem to play anymore sadly but that's besides the point; it had a portal from which I semi-knew how to get to my newer base from. So I took him through there kind of went in a circle since I had two similar waymarks (Xaero Minimap) and he kept relogging and stopping, we reach my new base portal which I kind have camouflaged in the nether.

Its a good 2k or so from the spawn nether portal, with my base being about 17k blocks out in the overworld (in grief protection), anyway I took him from my exit portal which is a walk away from the base and showed him around, he liked hanging in the small building with my chests in which made me a little uneasy, didn't say anything but I kept hearing him open up the same chests.

He then logs off, I check the chests he kept opening and noticed like 1 or 2 minor items missing, a stack of oak wood, some diamond horse armour. He asked for a stack of food which I allowed him to take however. I was talking to someone in chat about it and they said something about "how it starts, they take one or two things and then keep taking more". It kind of spooked me, knowing the rules myself, if someone steals from you, then you are allowed to PvP them, I guess yingoo thought I hadn't noticed the minor stealing though.

Thankfully I do use an ender chest and keep my valuables in there so he wouldn't have taken anything important. Yingoo logs back in as I went into my chest room when yingoo decided to block me in my room, which in my eyes was minor greifing, I am someone who doesn't tolerate a lot, I've have low trust with people (hence not being in a town) so that was the final straw for me. I have good armour and a good sword so I managed to kill him with one or two hits whilst he wasn't noticing and had his armour off (for some reason) mainly to get him out of my base. This was ok according to the rules as it fits under conditional PvP since I caught him stealing and minorly greifing.

He kind of minorly and off-handedly threatens after that that he'd "see me on Friday", then logs off. Now me being short tempered (but not agressively) and reading what another had said, thought that it was a threat that he'd come back to steal more. I decided to tear down my base and farms and move my things to another location temporarily whilst I decide on a new base), took me a few hours and during that time yingoo did log back on once to say I was up late and he went off again. I thought I can't leave anything here before I log out and rushed it out. I log out after tearing everything down and well "self-greified" myself to leave a statement that I've moved and picked up and gone, leaving it in an abandoned state, took a while to move stuff but I managed it alone.
I took down the portal in the overworld to my place (had to leave the one in the nether up though, but it did leave me with a way to detect if he returned if the portal reappeared if I logged back in). Just in case he noted my coordinates to return here before I managed to kill him for stealing and greifing.

Today:
I've returned, I had thought of just leaving the server to play on solo since I don't have to worry about other players but it didn't seem right to do so. I come on to see yingoo yelling my name at me in chat: Thankfully I had logged off near that base and first thing I did was to check if the portal had returned. It did so I called him out on it. He claims that he wanted to team (though I never saw or agreed to that, being the semi-solo player I am) and that he didn't steal anything. Now the things he did steal weren't really that valuable but he left an impression on me to not trust anyone on the server enough to let them onto my base. Not that I want the guy banned or anything, but I guess let it be on the record that I wouldn't trust him, and if mods/admins think it is worth it to do so or not.
He did say to come visit his base/clan (though with what he said in chat I've still no idea where it would be, not that I would want to visit someone I don't trust).

As I was writing this report, I checked in on the game to see him log in ask id I was there and he said "sorry" and logged off.

Me calling him out today on stealing.
[Image: VsGfFfn.png]

Edit:
I am one to doubt myself too, I'm very sure I had one extra stack of oak logs and one more diamond horse armour and those two things are minor, but that's besides the point, the fact he wanted to block me in a room and kept checking I was online so he could return is very suspicious to me. Maybe he was trying to be playful or was having an odd evening, hence why I'm saying my intention isn't to ban but more to warn and "add it to the record". I'm also trying to remember who it was who warned me that they might steal again, but I'm coming up blank. Wouldn't of mentioned them by name anyway just incase yingoo does read my report on him.
I only put this up 4 hours ago, just had shower thoughts about this and maybe I'm being too critical/carried away. When I saw him on earlier a good while after he was showing others his home and base, he did say sorry to me earlier (though I was away from game). It being over minor items and him blocking me in a room isn't too bad (imo). Going to mark this as resolved. Don't know if anything was learnt but sorry for making this report.
Moving your base is the right move in this case.
My first 2-4 months on the server I was griefed twice and have only been griefed once that I can remember in the 7 years since.
Be cautious, give new players a couple of weeks(or like you did and bring them to a useless base near spawn).
And don't be so hard on yourself about it or let it get to you. Smile Things that are good and bad happen when you play on a public server that anyone can join, but that's part of the appeal. Smile