• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
end gateways
so the new rule says anything not meant to be broken in survival but it's fairly common to break the portals in the gateways far out in order to make wither rose farms and has been done last map so is that off the table now?

to be clear this is the only known way to make fully auto wither rose farms cause you need to be able to trap the wither in unbreakable blocks while also keeping its face exposed so u can have some sort of mob farm above it that drops the mobs at half health in front of it so that when it fires it's skulls it kills said mobs in the process without breaking the cage that it's in
The updated rules prohibit breaking bedrock anywhere. This means players will need to figure new methods to farm wither roses.
[Image: bV0FmTp.jpg]
You could try making a wither cage out of regenerating cobblestone walls like I did last map. It works well and is stable as long as the mobs being fed to it is constant. It is prone to breaking when there are no mob inputs for a minute though.
[Image: FoxiTheDragon.png]
Rawr! I'm Foxi!
Make an egg farm, collect a TON of eggs, hatch eggs(In an enclosed area), poison chickens, kill wither. Boom tons of wither roses. Wink

Rules are pretty clear, if Mojang doesn't intend for it to be broken, don't break it. Smile
I got it figured out.  I have a wither trapped below a skeleton spawner.  Rates are nowhere as high as an end dimension based rose farm, but you can indeed make a fairly safe wither rose farm in the overworld or nether without breaking the rules/bedrock.

Ask me in game for details.  I think I've come up with a unique method based on some 7 year old methods and new game features.