• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New server!
Hello people of Vanilla High,

I bring some exciting news! Our current server has been running since 25 August 2018 in the OVH Beauharnois, Canada datacenter. The stats are

CPU: Intel  i7-7700K OC – 4c/8t – 4.7GHz /5GHz
RAM: 64GB DDR4 2400 MHz
Storage: SoftRaid 2x450GB NVMe
250 Mbps Bandwidth
USD 120/month

It is time to give this server a well-earned retirement and go with a new one. The new specs are
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8 cores / 16 threads - 3.9 GHz
Memory: 64 GB DDR4 ECC
Storage: 2×960 GB SSD NVMe
1 Gbps Bandwidth

This new server is usually priced at USD 145/month but with a 12-month commitment during Winter Sale at OVH, I'm getting 19% off, bringing the bill down to USD 117/month. Faster, stronger server for slightly cheaper!

The new server has been delivered and I'm currently in the process of finalizing operating system installation and migrating the Vanilla High world. This will take a little while as the Vanilla High world is currently 192 GB
The whole process will be transparent for players. All your builds, inventory and ender chest contents will remain the same after the move. This migration will be completed before the end of January 2021.

Cancellation of Asia Relay

An important change is that the Asia relay (asia.vanillahigh.net) will be cancelled. The DNS record asia.vanillahigh.net will point to the new server when the move is complete. Players using asia.vanillahigh.net are advised to start using mc.vanillahigh.net instead.

The EU relay (eu.vanillahigh.net) will remain operational.

Sponsors

A big thank you to all the players who have been sponsoring the server with donations. Vanilla High is largely a player-funded server. I'm counting on your usual support to continue funding the server. Sponsors get some cosmetic perks such as coloured nametags, statues and access to cool hats at spawn.

Thank you for reading. Updates will be posted in this thread.

Edit: The OVH network is blazing fast! The world transfer happened way way faster than I was expecting. The move is COMPLETE! Enjoy the new server!
[Image: bV0FmTp.jpg]
(01-25-2021, 03:18 PM)CubeStealer Wrote: Hello people of Vanilla High,

I bring some exciting news! Our current server has been running since 25 August 2018 in the OVH Beauharnois, Canada datacenter. The stats are

250 Mbps Bandwidth
USD 120/month

It is time to give this server a well-earned retirement and go with a new one. The new specs are
1 Gbps Bandwidth

This new server is usually priced at USD 145/month but with a 12-month commitment during Winter Sale at OVH, I'm getting 19% off, bringing the bill down to USD 117/month. Faster, stronger server for slightly cheaper!

The new server has been delivered and I'm currently in the process of finalizing operating system installation and migrating the Vanilla High world. This will take a little while as the Vanilla High world is currently 192 GB
The whole process will be transparent for players. All your builds, inventory and ender chest contents will remain the same after the move. This migration will be completed before the end of January 2021.

An important change is that the Asia relay (asia.vanillahigh.net) will be cancelled. The DNS record asia.vanillahigh.net will point to the new server when the move is complete. Players using asia.vanillahigh.net are advised to start using mc.vanillahigh.net instead.

Sponsors

A big thank you to all the players who have been sponsoring the server with donations. Vanilla High is largely a player-funded server. I'm counting on your usual support to continue funding the server. Sponsors get some cosmetic perks such as coloured nametags, statues and access to cool hats at spawn.

This is pretty cool. Now that I have my new job, I can finally donate again. Glad to see the server staff are doing everything they can to make the playing experience more enjoyable for everybody. Keep up the good work!
this is such an upgrade, great to see the admins care! Smile
(01-25-2021, 03:18 PM)CubeStealer Wrote: Hello people of Vanilla High,

250 Mbps Bandwidth
USD 120/month

1 Gbps Bandwidth

Sponsors

Edit: The OVH network is blazing fast! The world transfer happened way way faster than I was expecting. The move is COMPLETE! Enjoy the new server!

So that means you can change it to a better one on the 25th (I've already put down the difference) whenever you're ready c:
MYTHRIL EMPIRE'S KING [Image: ShadowMonkeyKing.png]