• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Amplified
I wanted to make a suggestion. 1.14 has got issues, and they will be coming out with a patch. I would propose 
that when that happens it is considered to not have an amplified map. Checking the numbers, amplified adds ALOT
to general lag of a server. There is a place in Options on world creation where you can tweak the landscape, giving you some of 
what amplified does, without the lag. 
Just a thought...
=Spin
The server won't reset for 1.14, so we keep the amplified. And custom world generation wasn't re-added, I'm sure of it.
Lag is due to the server having no plugin to reduce lag and 1.14 being veeeeeeeeeeeeeery unstable in Multiplayer. Wait for 1.14.1 and Optifine and you'll have lagless gameplay.
What numbers are you checking? Amplified only changes the chunk generation, so it shouldn't affect performance outside of that
shameless self-promotion:
twitter
ru: vk
homepage
(05-09-2019, 07:05 AM)Metal Wrote: What numbers are you checking? Amplified only changes the chunk generation, so it shouldn't affect performance outside of that

Here is one link that states that amplified worlds can use a lot of resources, so unless you have a 'beefy' computer, you will probable get a lot of lag. I can find others for you. I just wanted to point out, that I have been in servers with amplified, and without, and generally the amplified ones have significantly more lag issues.
Your mileage/computing power may vary.
(05-14-2019, 05:57 PM)Spinreaver Wrote: Here is one link that states that amplified worlds can use a lot of resources, so unless you have a 'beefy' computer, you will probable get a lot of lag. I can find others for you. I just wanted to point out, that I have been in servers with amplified, and without, and generally the amplified ones have significantly more lag issues.
Your mileage/computing power may vary.

The beefy computer thing mostly has to do with rendering, which happens on the client. A huge overhang creates mobs equivalent to one cave, so not much in that regard, either.
shameless self-promotion:
twitter
ru: vk
homepage